[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Next release and what should go in

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:04:59 +0200

#11: Before this can go in, I need to make it work on Windows. This is high
on my wishlist but unfortunately haven't got any time for it.

#41: Has indeed been merged but the issue is still there because there is a
lot that can be done to improve it.

#109: OK. Just make sure you have a migration script that can applied to
branches when they are going to be rebased.

Hi all

I realized that I will not have much time Thu and Fri this week, so I
have to do most of the work to prepare the next release today and
tomorrow. Monday will just be the usual grind of tagging, uploading,
updating the web site, announcing on the ml etc. (see
https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/blob/master/HACKING if you want to
know all the details).

I had a look at all the outstanding pull requests
(https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/pulls) and merged some of the
obvious ones.

Here's the list of open PRs and my notes:

- #11 First implementation of table development tools: Don't really know
the status of this one

- #17 Tables/ueb: My impression is that this work has been superseded by
Mike Grays work on ueb

- #23 Add license headers to the files in test: Waiting on Mesars
approval

- #29 SEB British Braille Table update from Torch Trust: Has been mostly
merged. Don't know if the rest can be merged. Paul could you look at
this?

- #41 Table discovery through metadata: Hasn't this been merged already?

- #56 runHarness.py: fix decoding of JSON files: I guess this could go
in. I plan to deprecate the harness tests in favor of the yaml tests
though, see below.

- #101 UEB symbols test from Appendix 3: Can go in. As I'd like to move
to yaml tests, I guess this should be migrated.

- #102 Dutch tables using the new opcodes: Depends on Mike Grays work,
so needs to wait

- #109 Feature/yaml tests: I'd like to integrate this. All the tests
pass, but since it's my baby I thought I'd have to ask first :-)

- #115 Tests: Replace empty braille cells (\2800) with regular spaces: I
guess this can go in after #109, but the tests seem to fail, so there
is some caution to be applied

The attentive reader might have noticed the absence of a pull request to
merge Mike Grays work on ueb. While I'm told that the ueb support is
fantastic we do still have some regressions with other languages (see my
mail from Saturday,

//www.freelists.org/post/liblouis-liblouisxml/Failures-in-the-featureueb-update-code-branch
).
We are hoping to integrate this in this release, but we need some help
from the APH guys to get this to happen. We cannot allow regressions in
other languages. I hope Mike can figure out where the regressions come
from soon, so there is still time to integrate this.

Die Android-App für SBS-Hoerbuecher ist da! Jetzt kostenlos im Google Play
Store herunterladen. (
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?idnl.dedicon.sbsleser)
project pages go to http://liblouis.org