[leveller] Re: Tablet survey

  • From: "Adam Hauldren" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:33:14 -0000

Ray,

I have two tablets - a little Intuos 2 that I take with me when I travel,
and use on my laptop, and an older, larger ArtPad II which is connected to
my workstation.

I agree with the sentiments of most who have replied so far about the
pressure sensitivity - support for this would allow the user to decide (as
with natural media software, and other paint products) whether the pressure
had no effect, or affected line width, or opacity or both. For me, it seems
logical to have pressure connected to intensity as a priority, but it would
be nice to see it have the ability to be linked to more than one attribute.

The tilt angle is much less important to me - I can think of a couple of
ways in which it might be supported, but it certainly is not a priority to
have tilt support - support for the device first, and the pressure second
would be my vote.

Regards

Adam