[leveller] Re: Tablet survey

  • From: "J. Stuart J." <jstuartj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:46:16 -0600

I have an older Wacom, a ArtZ II, one button/eraser stylist. I have
rarely use it,but after 18 years of digital retouching, the mouse has
become 2nd nature. I now have trouble using a writing pen, as everything
i do is now mouse or keyboard.

If the pen is to be supported, I would prefer Pressure sensitivity to
control the depth, and have the pen size controlled by pressing the pen
button and/or  Alt etc... and moving right to increase and left to
decrease. But I think most tablet users are more into customization so
perhaps allow the various inputs to control a choice of functions.

I could see myself using both mouse and tablet. Perhaps the mouse for
editing and menus, reserving the tablet for navigation.

What I would really like to see is joystick/game pad support. An the
best thing is most are cheapish, and from a useablity stand point. Most
users are fimilar with them for 3d scene generation.

J. Stuart Johnson
J. Stuart J. Production Art & Imaging