[leveller] Re: Tablet survey

  • From: "John D. Gwinner" <jgwinner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:37:29 -0800

I have a tablet, one of those little Graphire ones.  Sure, it's not a
big table therefore 'real' but it works well enough for my artistically
challenged fingers.

I find pressure sensitivity to be annoying, frankly, so I really use the
eraser function and draw functions more than any actual pressure
sensitivity.  A real artist used to working with charcoal may feel
totally different; maybe the graphire pen sucks (it seems twitchy
regardless of setup).

I would think the best would be to program the two functions.  I found
moving the camera to be clumsy so in one mode I would like to 'point and
fly' but I think I would prefer the eraser end to either undo or clip to
<specified>, the business end would be to use the current tool with
pressure affecting the width / strength.

i.e. if you were in the crater tool, pushing harder would dig a deeper
crater. =20

If you were using the ramp tool, pushing harder, dragging, then letting
go would build a higher ramp than pushing lightly, dragging, letting go.

Just some thoughts.

                =3D=3D John =3D=3D