[LRflex] Re: digital

  • From: jdatkins <jdatkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 12:38:43 -0700

Ed:  I have pondered the same question.  About 10 mos. ago, I decided upon an
Olympus 500, with the two lenses, and knew that my investment in Leica R glass
was "money in the bank."  I am about to order an adapter from Stephen at
Cameraquest, and I know that he will take good care of me.  The only downside,
which is well documented, is the doubling of the focal length, but Canon and
Nikon face similar problems.  You need to decide if your photography is
long-range or wide angle.  So, you are looking at factors of 1.3, 1.5, or 2.0.
It just depends upon your type of photography.