[LRflex] Re: R-10, M and X camera Info (long)

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:26:04 +0200

Thanks David,

keep the good news coming when you get some.

Frank - neither LUG nor HUG here - but friendly people all the same :-D

Bien amicalement
Patient Phil...x

Frank Filippone wrote:

David, Thanks for that very interesting report and speculation...

First of all, you do remember that this is the LUG list and not the HUG list? Square stuff goes to HUG, rectangular stuff to LUG. Got it?

New mount is probably required, or at least, for some way of auto-focusing the lens.....maybe those silent wave motors and some more contacts on the back of the lens? Could preserve all the past and look forward to the future......

24 lenses in development? Sounds a bit grandiose..... Must include all the Panasonic "Leica" lenses, etc. 6 M lenses a year? What for? Replacement for the 50 Summicron is probably first.....then what? All the other focal lengths have recently been updated.....Maybe a few more Summarits? About time someone in Leica got their stuff together and properly fixed the IR problem for the M8...... ( I told you so.....). Bet a used M8 will be worth next to nothing once that gem comes out.....Maybe I can afford a digital Leica.....!

And for that other speculation on the 40M pixels..... sounds close to the 39MP back for a Hasselblad...... and for that matter, so does the "larger than full frame" sensor..... makes me wonder of Leica and Hasselblad ( or is that Leica and Hassel-Imacon ?) have something up their sleeves.... Wouldn't that be interesting? MF Leica? I am digging that idea!

Oh, well... in about a year, we will know........( maybe.)

Frank Filippone

red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>