[LRflex] Re: Optimal Focal Lengths ... for Dave Simms

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:13:18 -0700

David Young offered:

>>> And I'll still put my 80-200/f4 up against any prime, from any
> maker.  Something that can be said of very few  zoom lenses.<<<<

Hi David,
Can't agree with you more! Its Leica's sleeper lens. As some remark,
certainly without knowing the magical quality of the 80-200 f4.0.  "Who
wants an f4.0 lens when others make faster glass?"

Of course some of these morons have never had one and nor seen the quality
wide open to stopped down! Set at 100mm it is equal to the Leica 100 macro
2.8 hands down, done it, seen the results on many occasions!! And that's the
best test one can make.

Actually I used mine in many many cases wide open and it cut like a new
razor blade!

ted