[LRflex] Re: New member

  • From: Duc Luong <luongtrongduc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:54:31 -0700

Thank you for the welcomes from "the zoo".
@Philippe: I wish I had a chance to shoot Kodachrome. They discontinued it
just before I got my first film camera (a Pentax MX). Too bad for me.
@David: Probably I should have spent more time taking pictures than "trading
gears"  :-). I just couldn't resist trying out new bodies when I came across
one. I acquired the R6.2 recently to replace my R7. While I enjoy its
shutter quite a bit, I still prefer the Auto Exposure mode of the R5 for
candid shoots.

@Ted: I hope to meet you somtime. It is such a pleasure to look at the
photos in your website.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:23 PM, <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Duc,
> Welcome to the wild wild west! :-) And given you are just across the water
> from me, I'm in Victoria we are both on the beautiful west voast of North
> America! Maybe some day we shall meet. :-)
>
> Great cameras the R's. But wait until you get an R8 in your hands and up to
> your eye! Then you'll really appreciate a LEICA SLR camera! :-)
>
> cheers,
> Dr. ted.
> Tedgrantphoto.com

>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/