[LRflex] Was: New member New Member, Now 80-200 Vario Trick.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:40:09 -0700

Hi Duc!

As you probably know, by now, the 80-200/f4 Elmar is one of the
"unsung hero's of the Leica Line-up.

The only problem is when you want to us an ELPRO close up lens with
it.  Leica don't make one in 60mm size.

However, the Nikon 5T CU lens comes in 62mm and a B&W 60~62mm step up
ring works so well, the lens hood still extends/closes over
it!  These two-element CU lenses work startlingly well with the 80~200/4.

I'm told that the 5T will give an almost seamless range from the end
of the lenses normal focus to almost 1:1.

I couldn't find a 5T at a good price, but managed to get a used, but
perfect condition 6T from a Victoria shop for $20.  Paid the same for
the step up ring (new) as it was a cancelled order.

Try it... I think you'll like it!

Cheers!
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada