[LRflex] Re: Optimal Focal Lengths ... for Dave Simms

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:05:28 -0700

Only one 80-200 that I know of.  I have often been tempted, except for the
weigh.  It would compliment my 35-70 quite nicely.  Who would ever miss 10
mm of focal length in that area?  I also have waited to see what Leica comes
up with for us orphaned R users.  Since my Rebel is still functioning, I
have not had the need of a new camera, yet, though the 7D looks tempting for
the nice viewfinder.  If the Rebel lasts as long as it takes for Leica to
either put up (acceptable solution) or shut-up (There Will Be NO R solution
EVER!), then I will be in the mood for making up my mind as to what system I
want to go to the grave with.  Best guess if the former, Nikon, and convert
Leica R glass to fit.

Aram