[LRflex] Re: IMG jordan...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:24:28 -0700

On Feb 7, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour offered in response to Philippe:
>> This gets into specifics like... is the patient, at the time of the photo sick or well ?, is the disease life threatening ?, how long will this person live ?, did the child survive ?...

all of which may profoundly influence one's interpretation and appreciation of the image...
for good or bad...

While it strikes me as unusual in photography to be unable to divulge key information about the subject...both in the photo, or in words. However personally, I will not divulge certain things, ever, for a variety of reasons... this in turn makes some types of images more difficult to accomplish...it also has an effect on the understanding of those who look at them...<<<
Hi Steve,
But the most important point of all? Each photograph is a heart and gut grabbing beautiful, sometimes a touch sad or the opposite, as happy as all get out

thanks Ted...very, very kind of you...

as in real world medical care of very sick kids...there are huge ups and downs...in fact the downs are awful moments, but help you fully savor the ups...

so I believe in photos to be real and convincing, there must be up and down images, with the bitter ones helping us to appreciate and fully savor the sweetness of the others...

This shows in Ted's beautiful medical books.

Ted, Philippe, and others clearly by their experience as well as their intuition do fully understand...

Steve

photograph requiring no word of explanation for the public. Even though they only want to know purely from curiosity. On all my medical work there’s a strict anonymity rule about who what why other than a specific “photo technical” question. And I don’t care who thinks otherwise.
ted