[LRflex] Re: IMG jordan...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:11:20 -0800

Steve Barbour offered in response to Philippe:

>> This gets into specifics like... is the patient, at the time of the photo
sick or well ?, is the disease life threatening ?, how long will this person
live ?, did the child survive ?...

all of which may profoundly influence one's interpretation and appreciation
of the image...

for good or bad...

While it strikes me as unusual in photography to be unable to divulge key
information about the subject...both in the photo, or in words.

However personally, I will not divulge certain things, ever, for a variety
of reasons...

this in turn makes some types of images more difficult to accomplish...it
also has an effect on the understanding of those who look at them...<<<

Hi Steve,

But the most important point of all? Each photograph is a heart and gut
grabbing beautiful, sometimes a touch sad or the opposite, as happy as all
get out photograph requiring no word of explanation for the public. Even
though they only want to know purely from curiosity.

On all my medical work there's a strict anonymity rule about who what why
other than a specific "photo technical" question. And I don't care who
thinks otherwise.

ted