[LRflex] Re: First real world shots using the new Sigma SD1

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:54:01 -0400

Thanks Walter,
  my browser still choked on the link, BUT I deleted the [1] and it worked for
me then. Wonder why my browser tripped over the link and it worked for
philippe, but not a big deal in the greater scheme of things.
  I believe Philippe is quite right about the colors being 'off' in these
posted images, especially the reds. The color images don't quite look right to
my eye, can't quite point to exactly what, but the scenes seem to have an odd
palette. Whether it's the camera or something the image poster did with the
images in post processing or it's my system choking on em, I can't quite say
for sure.
  What I feel pretty sure of is these images don't strike me as having been
shot with Premium Lenses. I certainly hope it's due to something done to the
jpegs causing this lack of impressiveness or Sigma might end up with a white
elephant on it's hands.

Richard