[LRflex] Re: First real world shots using the new Sigma SD1

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:08:57 -0400

Hi Doug,

> From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:27:49 -0400
>
> Neil Gould wrote:
>

>  if this is representative of the SD-1's
> capabilities, I'd stick with the Olympus!  ;-)
> <<<
>
> I think we should wait for comparisons under controlled conditions to
> evaluate the SD-1's capabilities.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

On one hand, I fully agree with you that this is not a proper comparison
under controlled conditions. On the other, it is easy to see quality
differences in the images posted by yourself and others when compared with
other brands, even without the ability to directly compare them to shots of
the same subject. So, I'd expect a camera that would cost about 20x more
than the one I used to shoot the same subjects to produce noticeably better
results under *any* conditions... but alas... these are not.

--
best regards,

Neil