[LRflex] Re: First real world shots using the new Sigma SD1

  • From: David Saalsaa <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:48:17 -0700 (PDT)

The reddish orange is due to iron oxide tinted silicate replacement in the
petrification process of the trees.  So prolly pretty close to accurate in
these examples.  Comparing web based jpegs with prints is never a fair
comparison.  Prints from a good lens and fine grained film should look better
than what you see on your computer monitor.  It is an interesting camera and
time will tell if Sigma has a winner or not.

Dave