[LRflex] Re: First real world shots using the new Sigma SD1

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:40:14 -0400

Hi Philippe,
   in case you're unaware, dpReview appears to have the Sigma SD1 'in hand' and
have a review of the camera 'in process'. A combination preview / start of a
review is already up on their site. From the looks of the introductory page of
the preview, it certainly appears that, like a lot of folks, they are having
quite a bit of trouble coming to a state of detente regarding the pricing model
being used for the SD1.
   Note: there are NOT any sample images from the camera posted at dpReview as
of Yet, but they generally have a set of Preview Samples at some point, then
Review Samples that coincide with the finishing of the review - whenever that
might occur.
   While I am not certain dpReview is entirely everyone's cup of tea as an
equipment review site, I do find the depth and range of specifications,
samples, and test images, for a plethora of cameras which have mostly been
reviewed under the same methodology for many years, to be a handy way to get a
handle on what different cameras have on offer. At least to the extent possible
without the individual cameras being in my hands, I find the site pretty
informative.

Peace.
R in Mi