[LRflex] Digital Workflow - How Do You Cope?

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:25:17 +0100

In summer 2006 me and Spela traveled to Spain and Portugal and I took 10
rolls of film with me. With some palnning I was able to cover our
three-week trip with 360 shots. When I got home I developed the slides and
framed around 100 keepers. Shortly after I bought my first DSLR and thigs
changed. Two and a half years later my computer HD is almost filled with pix
of various quality and I get nervous every time I work on my photos with
Gimp (the program has nothing to do with it :-))). It never happened in my
wet darkroom, even if I spent the whole night in there. So tell me how do
you cope with the digital workflow. Do you shoot jpg, RAW, do you shoot more
now and have more keepers? Do you print your files or keep them on your HD?

P.S. A friend of mine who is an architect and also a photographer bought
himself a DSLR with some tilt/shift lenses a year ago. For fun, he told me.
He only takes 10-20 shots per assignment. "That`s two times more than with
my Sinar" he replied seriously..."And it is enough"...

Best regards,
Miha