[LRflex] Re: Digital Workflow - How Do You Cope?

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:17:28 +0100

Hi Miha

I shoot a lot, a h.luvalot - all RAW - chimp on location - then import the remainder in Lightroom - make another selection from the library deleting the junk - then only process those I think may have a potential - finally I export those I want to post in JPEG - the whole batch of RAW I duplicate from time to time on an external HD I use as archive. This might change a little as I now have an I-Mac too, dedicated to photography only - and I haven't yet figured out how I will organise it all - haven't tried time machine either.

I don't find it a real strain - LR is convenient for the whole workflow, from downloading to posting or printing and archiving. A warning: I don't hold Adobe shares ;-) but that stuff does meet and exceed my needs and expectations.
Hope this may help.
Philippe

Miha Golobic wrote:

In summer 2006 me and Spela traveled to Spain and Portugal and I took 10 rolls of film with me. With some palnning I was able to cover our three-week trip with 360 shots. When I got home I developed the slides and framed around 100 keepers. Shortly after I bought my first DSLR and thigs changed. Two and a half years later my computer HD is almost filled with pix of various quality and I get nervous every time I work on my photos with Gimp (the program has nothing to do with it :-))). It never happened in my wet darkroom, even if I spent the whole night in there. So tell me how do you cope with the digital workflow. Do you shoot jpg, RAW, do you shoot more now and have more keepers? Do you print your files or keep them on your HD? P.S. A friend of mine who is an architect and also a photographer bought himself a DSLR with some tilt/shift lenses a year ago. For fun, he told me. He only takes 10-20 shots per assignment. "That`s two times more than with my Sinar" he replied seriously..."And it is enough"... Best regards,
Miha