[LRflex] Re: Digital Workflow - How Do You Cope?

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 06:16:58 -1000 (GMT-10:00)

Miha Golobic

>And as a side note, backups on DVDs or external drivers wont last forever
>(well nothing does). And reading a DVD after 10 years is very questionable.
>Even if the DVD itself holds, the format (and the software to read) might be
>well forgotten in 10 years (do you still remember floppy disk ;-)))

I've been backing up on multiple CDs and a pair of external hard drives.  The
hard drives are for immediate access, the CDs are for off-site archiving.  The
CDs are mostly for the exceptional photos that would be impossible to
replicate; one copy to by brother near San Francisco, one to my daughter
presently in Hawaii.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Hawaii
http://www.wildlightphoto.com