[LRflex] Re: Bokeh (OT)

  • From: Chris L <speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:10:04 -0700 (PDT)

That's not at all the experience I have with my Zeiss f/1.4 lenses:
I have a 50mm f/1.4 (older Rolleflex mount, not HFT), but it's basically
collecting dust because I don't especially like 50mm lenses, though I did try
it out once and it was very good.
The 35mm and 85mm f/1.4 lenses are two of my absolute favorites.
Even my LTM Soviet copy of the 1933 50mm f/1.5 is excellent, even wide open.

If Zeiss says the lens was in working order, then I'd seriously consider a
camera/adapter/focusing alignment or collimation problem.

Chris