[LRflex] Re: Bokeh (OT)

  • From: "info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:28:37 +1000

 Thank you Walter and Herman,
Any experience with the 70-210 F4.  I read that it is a Japanese lens but
also is very good.

Also, am considering a scanner and wonder about the PlusTek 7600, never used
a scanner
like this and for the very times I will use do not want to spend a fortune.

Best regards,

Reg

Walter Kramer wrote: Just my input, I have an R5 and an R7, both work
flawlessly. I had to have the light seals replaced on the R5 as they were
'melting' nasty if the stuff gets anywhere near the mirror or prism. I
preferthe R7 for the LED information displayed in the VF esp in manual mode.
Have thought about an R8 but it does not seem to offer that much over the R7
although I am told the view finder is much better. Walter Herman Kempers
wrote: Hi Reg, Good decision, I think...... (although I find the F3 the best
Nikon ever -and the F2 ofcoarse) I've bought a R3 a few months ago for 50
euro. At the Leica dealer, so no cheap internetsite or whatever. We
discussedthe R3 before in this group; the R3 can give some trouble with the
lightmeter. The electric circuit is often damaged. Check this. Mine isn't
working in Auto mode, but the meter works. Beware of shocks, or the circuit
will/can stop function properly. Not repairable. For the rest, very nice
camera! best herman -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] Verzonden: di 13-04-2010 10:55 Aan:
leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]; Onderwerp: [LRflex] Re: Bokeh (OT) Hello
Herman, I am a new member of the forum and await my first Leica Reflex from
eBay, an R8 with 50/f2 summicron. Your comment about the Zeiss 50 1.4 is
interesting as I was debating not buying the R8 and going the Zeiss route
with my Nikon F3, but have always wanted a Leica R and at last have taken
theplunge. There's an R3 just around the corner from me for only AU$400 in
nice condition, anyone got any experience of this lovely looking camera?
Thank you all for the fabulous content, had a long look at Doug Herr's web
site with awe struck fascination, superb. Anyway, that's all for now - got
todo another real estate web site. Kind regards REG Herman Kempers wrote:
Nice document, I wish they made their lens(es?) as good as this information
sheet. Last year I bought the Zeiss Planar 1,4/50 ZE for my Canon 5dII. This
lens is beautifull made, very solid, smooth focussing, very nice to work
with. But it was not usable under the 5,6. I felt I got a better image
quality when using a pinhole camera. It had a terrible vignetting which
disappeared slowly by stopping down. And the (un)sharpness in the corners
waseven worse, which completely disappeared at 5.6 I must say it was more
than excellent by 5.6 or 8 , but what is the point of designing a 1.4 if
it'snot usable, even stopping down (besides a nice clear view!) I sent it
back to Carl Zeiss in Germany (the lens itself is made in Japan) but they
returned it, after testing, saying it was within all tolerances. Well ,
there's the problem; their tolerances.... Anyway, I sold the ZE and now
usingmy Summicron 2.0/50. It can slow you down a little, but besides that it
operates great and image quality is known to everybody. NB! My expierence is
only the 1,4/50. I really don't know about their Maco or Wide Angle lenses!!
Mayby they are very good!! best to all herman Here is a new document from
Zeiss about bokeh, for those who might be interested.
http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/CLN_35_Bokeh_EN/$File/
change to/from Digest Mode at: http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/[6]
Archivesare at: //www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/[7] ------
change to/from Digest Mode at: http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/[10]