[LRflex] Re: Bokeh (OT)

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:35:50 +0200

Hi Chris
You can't compare these two lenses.Your  older 1,4/50  Rollei mount is a German
produced lens; for the Japanese version the tolerances must be different,
although they try to built it to the standards of Zeiss,  but they probally
can't match the German productionstandard.Other photographers have confirmed me
that they are also aware of the tolerance problem of the Japanese factory .
BTW; the ZE is made with a Canon mount, so your suggestion that it is an
adapterproblem is not the case. It is/was no back focus problem.
best herman
That's not at all the experience I have with my Zeiss f/1.4 lenses:
I have a 50mm f/1.4 (older Rolleflex mount, not HFT), but it's basically
collecting dust because I don't especially like 50mm lenses, though I did try
it out once and it was very good.
The 35mm and 85mm f/1.4 lenses are two of my absolute favorites.
Even my LTM Soviet copy of the 1933 50mm f/1.5 is excellent, even wide open.

If Zeiss says the lens was in working order, then I'd seriously consider a
camera/adapter/focusing alignment or collimation problem.

Chris