[LRFlex] Re: Adventures at 32 Below...

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <SaalsD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:00:43 -0600

I don't know, but the mafia seemed to be able to conceal sawed off shotguns and
Tommy guns under their coats for years.   A Leica with 400 and pistol grip
stock shouldn't be much different. ;-)    Ted did say to buy the parka
"oversize".

Dave

David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Ted Grant chided:

    >Now David mon ami, a small thought for a moment. If you were left
    >un-attended for 48 hours at 32 below don't you think you might be a little
    >slow at responding? ;-) And I'd bet my sweet bippy you may well be solid

    Ted. I know you mean well... but have you ever tried to 'pop' an R8 with
    400mm/f6.8, pistol grip and shoulder stock under your parka? Especially if
    you're not wearing a parka?

    Seriously, I know I should have warmed the gear, but circumstances dictated
    otherwise. I'd thought the point of my post was that despite considerable
    abuse, the R8 functioned very well, if not at the peak of it's performance.
    The proof will be in the photos... which should be back today or tomorrow.
:-)

    If there's anything worth while, I'll post them.

    Thanks to all who responded to this true, if somewhat tongue-in-cheek,
    story. :)

    Cheers!

    David Young, | égalité, liberté,
    Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

    Personal Web-site at:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
    Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm