Re: Nathan's PAW 6: Driving to work

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:23:00 -0800

As usual, wonderful photographs Nathan.

Living dead center in Silicon Valley for the past 36 years has not afforded me much in the way of pleasant "driving to work" images. For the past 25 years, my commute has been to walk up stairs to my home office. I do have pictures of the stairway, but it is very boring... ;-)

Thanks again for your weekly POBlog (Photo-Blog.) It is always fresh and interesting.

:-)

Jim

At 11:20 PM 2/15/2005, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

Nothing profound and dramatic this week, just some images taken while driving from Hilversum (where my children go to school) to Schiphol Oost, where my office is located. Rather than being stuck on a motorway, I take a local road that is slower but you do not get stuck and there are some pretty views along the way. The images were taken on two different days, the main one on a morning when rain changed to sunshine several times during the 1-hour drive (later the day deteriorated in the usual Dutch fashion for this time of year, and it was just consistently rainy):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_6.jpg
I took this picture while driving, so there are some raindrops on the windshield of the car (and no safety lectures please).

The other four images are from the same road, but on a glorious frosty morning:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_6alt1.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_6alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_6alt3.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_6alt4.jpg
(and no, for those I did park and got out of the car...)