Re: Nathan's PAW 6: Driving to work

  • From: Harrison McClary <harrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nathan Wajsman <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:22:36 -0600

Nathan,

What you have done here is one thing that is very hard for many people
to do.  To find that unusual beauty in the world where they live and
work....these scenes you see everyday.  Instead of becoming jaded to
them you have kept your eyes open, seen the beauty and captured it.
Very well done!

I do a monthly critique and assignment for the local camera club.
Last month I assigned them to show everyone the beauty of where they
lived, worked or somewhere here in the Nashville area they frequent.
I got only one entry that was what I call a real attempt....several
were vacation photos from other more exotic places in the world.  Sure
anyone can find great photos where all is new and exciting to the
eye...but it takes a sharpening of vision to see those same things
where we live.  We all live with beauty all around us, we just have to
open our eyes and see it!  You have done this excellently.

Would you mind if I show your photos to the club?

Thanks.

Harrison

--
Harrison McClary