[leasbirds] Re: Clapp Park

  • From: "Floyd & Clarice Robertson" <47robertson02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:15:21 -0500

Probably the next time when/if it rains??

Since you are using yahoo, how did that work out for you?  Did you receive a
copy of your own message?
Floyd

 Date: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 10:21 AM

 Greetings
 All:

 Those of you who are using yahoo need to be made aware
 of the fact that yahoo has, unintentionally, disabled you
 from using listservs (and other types of third party mailing
 lists) in an attempt to prevent third-party
 'spoofing'.

 You should still be able to receive listserv messages
 from folk (provided that they are not yahoo users) but you
 will probably not be able to send anything to the listserv.

 There is nothing that I, as the leasbirds listserv manager,
 can do about this. Our listserv provider is suggesting
 that yahoo users who want to be able to post to listservs
 sign up with a different e-mail provider and then notify
 their listserv manager (that would be me) that their address
 needs to be changed.

 Yahoo has been contacted about this issue but
 does not appear to be in the mood to rectify it. They feel
 that very few yahoo users are on listservs and that it is,
 more or less, a non issue.

 If you have any questions, please get in touch with me and I
 will do my best to explain things. I have already dropped
 my yahoo account - my new email address is fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx.

 Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson
 leasbirds listserv manager