[lanse] Re: Introduce your selves (why not?)

  • From: "ChrisW @ LAN-Speed" <lan-chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'list@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:59:33 +0100 (BST)

I'm Chris, I'm one half of LAN-Speed (www.LAN-Speed.co.uk)

Spend most of my life doing web realted stuff using Perl/mySQL.  When I
get a chance to play games I like Age of empires and that sort of thing.
Never been any good at 1st person shooters but I like a game at a
LAN-Party (and get my ass whipped every time!)

Workstation is crap:

AMD k6-3 450 clocked at 475
384MB RAM
2 x 9gig IBM SCSI drives
1 x 40gig Maxtor 7200rpm
1 x 30gig Maxtor 7200rpm
40x Creative CDROM (IDE)
24x8x4x Yamaha CDRW (SCSI)
STB Velocity 4400 GFX (original TNT with 16MB) with shit 17" monitor
(I bought an ATi All-in-wonder Radeon but it seems to have issues with my
system now I've installed WinXP so it's on the desk at the moment)
Runs WinXP Pro

Also have an AMD k6-2 333 running Linux, Toshiba Libreto 100CT running
Win98 and they're all routed out to the net on a FreeSCO box
(www.freesco.org) via a shitty 56k modem (no broadband here yet)

Chris