[klaatumail] Re: Hope Guitar

  • From: db65@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:10:43 +0000 (UTC)

I guarantee you that the guitar parts on Hope are Dee Long. To suggest
otherwise is absurd and ignorant. Go ask Dee if you don't believe me. John has
talked about this in interviews readily available on the Klaatu.org website.
Hope is not John's favorite album for a number of reasons. #1, it's not pop. He
prefers pop. #2, he was at one of the most worked and exhausted points in his
life. It had to be written, re-written, recorded, re-recorded all in a matter
of months. 3:47 EST had taken 3 years. John was overworked and it was having a
toll on him physically and emotionally. #3, in addition to #2, he was so
involved in that writing that all but two songs are written by him. A
substantial increase over 3:47 EST where he shared the writing with (mostly)
Dee and (1 song) Terry. Dave ----- Original Message -----