[klaatumail] Re: Hope Guitar

  • From: putthel@xxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:46:14 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the cheering message. It's amazing that the two composers don't
acknowledge Hope to be their best work. I listened to it closely this weekend,
perhaps more closely than ever before as an adult. Conclusion: It's the finest
artistic work of any kind, ever. Seriously.
?
And to this day it yields new revelations. Never realized before the particular
brilliance of the cosmic debris description in So Said the Lighthouse Keeper.
?
Beware all ships
The space graveyard
And its stones of asteroids
?
From the image of cosmic debris we get the jarring metaphor of a "space
graveyard" furthered by the notion of its headstones acting as menacing
obstacles.
?
And you know that if we tried, we could break down the entire album to yield
innumerably similar gems.
?