[JA] Re: Spyware

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:59:59 -0500

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:11:32 -0800 thepccat@xxxxxxxx writes:
> I had been surfing around awhile before I got my first spyware, Comet
> Cursor.  It was clear something new was on my computer. I
> surfed to the manufacturer's site and found out, from them, how to
> make it go away.

   Comet Cursor, lop.com, Gator, OnFlow Player, and KaZaA are the most
infamous of the spyware that's out there.  Those who done moderate to
heavy websurfing would have come across Comet, lop.com, and OnFlow to see
that they take over your desktop and your browser without notice.

   Like PCCat, I do strongly recommend installing and running Ad-Aware to
see if you have any spyware components in your Win9x system.  Your
eyebrows will be raised when you find out what Ad-Aware seen in your
registry, hard disk, and RAM!

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.angelfire.com/80s/billythekid16