[JA] Moving Juno

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:10:24 EDT

Robert -

 I logged in on Sunday >morning...with my 56k modem...the "JunoGuide
appeared momentarily, >then >disappeared, and I was told that I was
experiencing the "Free >Platinum"
>blessing.  I typed the URL for Google and went into a holding pattern
>for >4 minutes EXACTLY, whereupon I was disconnected.

-------

<break in quote to keep the daemon quiet> <g>

When I tried to >connect >again, I was told by the JunoBlueScreen that I
was using too many of >Juno's Internet resources and to connect again
after 4:00 AM.  I went >to >another Juno account, logged in, and was told
by the dreaded >JunoBlueScreen that I was using too many resources.
Repeat with a >couple >of other accounts...same result.

-----

<see above>

NetZero went through, although it >abruptly disconnected a few times.
Hey...I've "experienced" Juno >before.
> One time, in 2001, I rid myself of a web browser entirely.  I didn't
>connect to Juno for a good six months.  When I reinstalled IE5, in
>2002,
>I decided to see what Juno would be like, and so I logged in...after
>not >logging in for SIX MONTHS.  The JunoBlueScreen told me that I was
>using >too many of Juno's resources and to try again, but ONLY after
3:00 AM.

-----

While using the library's Internet connection is a real .pain!., it does
have some advantages.

I spent several hours today digging through old messages, looking for my
yahoo ID. Combined a few folders (I keep list welcome messages, don't
need an entire folder for a message or two or three). Never found it but
did delete or move to folders about 120 messages. A drop in the bucket,
but enough drops fill the bucket.

Yahoo has dropped me from all my lists. Again....