[JA] Re: Moving Juno

  • From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:25:18 -0400

Pooh> I was told that I was experiencing the "Free Platinum"
> blessing.  I typed the URL for Google and went into a holding
> pattern for 4 minutes EXACTLY, whereupon I was disconnected.
> When I tried to connect again, I was told by the JunoBlueScreen
> that I was using too many of Juno's Internet resources and to
> connect again after 4:00 AM.  I went to another Juno account,
> logged in, and was told by the dreaded JunoBlueScreen that
> I was using too many resources.  Repeat with a couple
> of other accounts...same result.

Perhaps you were using the same phone line and computer with all the
accounts.  Juno may go partly by account name in deciding whether you are
one person or six, but it must be mainly by phone line and computer ID.
Thus, if one member of a family uses too much line time, all free riding
members go on the hog list.  Presumably the line hog detector can be
fooled, but it takes more than simply making up a long list of account
names.  As for how many years it takes an inactive account to fall off
the hog list automatically, I have no idea except surely it will be more
than half a year.

NetZero and Juno worked nicely for me, on the day we free riders got a
sample of paid service.  But then, they have no reason to put me on the
hog list.