[JA] Re: bounced mail

  • From: mmmcrae@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:29:08 -0400

I know people have been talking about bounced mail - forgive me but my
eyes glaze over when faced with long header lists so I confess to have
paid not much attention.  But last night I got a phone message from a
fellow juno user who told me that my mailbox was bouncing messages.  This
was the second time in a month that I have heard that from a friend (the
other one not a juno user).  Here is the bounce message that was sent to
her last night (I've replaced her name with zzz) :

From: MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: zzzzzzz1@xxxxxxxx
Date: 11 Jun 2003 01:52:37 -0000
Subject: Mail Not Delivered

Unfortunately, your mail was not delivered to the following address:

<mmmcrae@xxxxxxxx>:
10.130.24.63 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 mmmcrae@xxxxxxxx Mail quota exceeded
Giving up on 10.130.24.63.

To: mmmcrae@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:51:28 -0400
Subject:  contact info
From:  <zzzzzzzz1@xxxxxxxx>

I translate this message to say that a message was sent from juno to juno
(untd.com) was returned after a 3 hour time lapse.

I had not turned my computer on at all yesterday but after getting her
phone message last night I logged on and asked juno to fetch my mail.  It
took about 7 minutes to download (NOT a common occurance) and gave me 25
messages - half of it spam of course, and no sign of the self-addressed
message I send out with EVERY send.  I have norton AV, up to date, run a
scan with every boot-up, and never open attachments without checking for
virii.

Last week I received two bounce messages - the addresses were not ones I
was familiar with, and they looked very much like spam.  I ran NAV and it
told me no virus resides.

Can this be dismissed as just another juno glitch?

Marie