[jos64] PPP question

  • From: "Dave R." <watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:22:13 -0500

I'm doing some experiments, trying to connect my 128 to my Win2k box with a
PPP connection over a null modem.  So far, I am able to do this using JOS,
but not with The Wave.

Does JOS initiate the PPP negotiation process, or does it wait for the
server to start?  I get the sneaky feeling that JOS's ppp implementation
starts the process, while The Wave sits there waiting.

And, does anyone know what string of bytes needs to be sent to start
negotiation?

   :::::      Dave Ross / Dr. Watson          "Yesterday's technology
::    ===    watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx              today...for a better
::    ===                                     tomorrow!"
   :::::      http://www.enteract.com/~watson

-
Jos Homepage - http://www.jolz64.cjb.net/
with unsubscribe in the Subject field