[jhb] Re: Need A Gauge Challenge?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:51:35 +0100

Hi Frank,
I already modify the gauge to suit individual aircraft, in those cases where I can obtain the neccessary weight, flap and V number data. It was really ation of whether anyone could see a way in which arrival at, say, 80kias woul trigger a light, insteat of a voice call.
I don't think there's an instant solution though.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 25/05/2007 08:49:22 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    Frank,
    If you want to try it, it's viewable at:

    http://www.homepages.mcb.net/gwinsk/vspeed.xml

Just view it and then do a file save as vspeed.xml, or as vspeed.txt

    Gerry Winskill

Gerry,
Thank you for that, I've had a quick look, essentially it needs constants for each aircraft, being low weight, high weight, and Vspeed arrays. Using the actual weight it selects a point in the Vspeed range corresponding to the position in the weight range, e.g. if the weight is 50% of the way up the range, the result will be an average of the Vspeed high weight and low weight values. It then adjusts the given results for the outside temperature and the altitude. The gauge only opreates in take-off mode, which it sets on if the aircraft is on the ground, and its speed is over 40kts, and its speed is increasing. How much more useful it would be if you could put the constants into the aircraft.cfg file, rather than the gauge XML code, as you could use the same gauge in all aircraft. I don't think its a 2 minute development project! Frank T.