[jhb] Re: Need A Gauge Challenge?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:39:30 +0100

Frank,
The Vspeed manages to calculate the vspeeds and send them out, so it's possibly a question of a gauge that picks it up.

I'll put a copy of the Vspeed .xml for one of my aircrsft on my Homepage, if you'd like to have a look.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 25/05/2007 07:40:02 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    It struck me that one way to get around this would be to have, in
    FSX, a
    simple three light gauge; one for 80kts and one for each of V1 and
    Vr.
    When the Vspeed gauge would normally trigger the sounds, thes lights
    would be turned on by the same triggers, instead.

Gerry,
The 80 kts trigger would be ok, the problem is setting the V values. What I think we lack - if anyone knows better please shout - is the facility to set up user defined variables in the aircraft's CFG file, and then to access them in the gauge file XML. I struggled with this for some time when trying to set up the default values for the planned all singing all dancing altitude gauge, before the truth of this dawned on me. Frank T.