[jhb] Re: Need A Gauge Challenge?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 21:25:16 +0100

Hi Frank,
The gauge isn't just FS9, it works in FSX as well. The fsx problem is that the linking sound gauge isn't XML, so yo don't get the calls.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 26/05/2007 16:06:58 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    My explanation isn't clear enough, Frank.
    In fact the gauge already does what you think could be possible.

Gerry,
Sorry, I did appreciate that the gauge worked as specified in FS9. What I was doing was a specification that could be used by the SDK ACE tool to produce the XML gauge for an FSX version. This would have the advantage that it could easily be understood and modified by people with brains as small as mine. The convolutions of the various nested XML expressions in the FS9 version are just too much for me! Frank T.