[jhb] Flights

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Private Email" <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:52:21 +0100

Despite the ban on aircraft in the UK some operators have obviously decided
that NATS was over cautious in their decision.

I've seen several flights in and out of Dublin today, Manx2 are running
their little LET on Blackpool and Belfast flights and TCX7l and TOM663 have
just flown into Manchester.

Oddly enough TOM663 was from Barbados but it appeared over Tiree and routing
to Islay. That's pretty well parallel to the ash cloud which is flowing from
Iceland to Sumburgh and maybe just 150nm south. If they are letting aircraft
get that close to the plume (which I guess they can clearly see) then why is
all traffic in the south of the UK blocked? It's weird.

TCX7L also appeared on screen about Londonderry so that was another
Caribbean flight that went well north. It puzzles me.