[jhb] Re: Flights

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 20:36:49 +0100

We were lucky that road conditions were kind to us, apart from heavy rain in N Spain and some delay at the French border (spot checks re Basque terrorist activity). Traffic was surprisingly light, so it was pedal to the metal most of the way. Only two of our party of 5 had driving licences with us, so we alternated every 2-3 hours. A good-humoured bunch, and we were still on good terms when we parted this afternoon despite the enforced close company during the journey. But a trip I'd rather not repeat for a while ...!!

Mike L

On 18/04/2010 19:47, Fossil wrote:
800 miles in 13 hours? Phew..