Re: Your first screen reader!

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:51:35 -0700

Hi,
I started out with Artic BusinessVision for Dos 6.22 and Artic Winvision for Windows version 3.1. Got a killer deal on those two screen readers along with the Artic Transport synth and I was ready to rock and roll.

When Windows 95 seemed to be the way to go then I switched to JAWS 3.0 and played with Jaws for Dos and VocalEyes in the DOS box.

I got really keen on Window-Eyes for a while and still use it; I own both WE and JFW. Both have their place and uses in my arsenal.
Tom