Re: Outlook Express

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 03:37:03 -0700

Hi Glenna,

The keystrokes used to operate the basic functions of Outlook Express
itself, rather than the screen reader,from the keyboard rather than the
mouse are Windows keystrokes, and are the same no matter which screen reader
you're using, or if you're using no screen reader at all.  However, there
are also unique keystrokes for certain functions , and of course for reading
an open email,, that are specifically Jaws keystrokes if you're a jaws user,
and would be different for Window Eyes.

Rick's suggestion is a good one, here.  Maybe it would be a good idea to
help your friend subscribe to a Window Eyes mailing list, and/or something
like the Blind Tech list or (and this would be my preference, the
NFB-sponsored GUI-Talk list, which he or she could find, among others, at
http://www.nfbnet.org, in the lists section of that site.

Hope that helps.
: "Ricque" <ricque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>