Re: JAWS and Spanish Language

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:28:46 -0400

Hello Francis.

Depending upon the operating system you are using, the procedure will vary a
little. Assuming, for the moment, that it is a version of XP, go into the
control panel, then to Regional and languages, then to the languages tab,
then to add. you will be able to add Spanish, French, German etc. keyboards
to your system, thus enabling the auto keyboard switching feature of MS Word
to function. Assuming you choose Spanish, Mexican keyboard style, for
example, Word, when encountering a document marked for Mexican Spanish, will
automatically switch keyboards, allowing your wife to include accented
characters very easily. This also facilitates manual at the keyboard,
normally done with alt+shift, at least, in the more recent versions.

Regards,

Jerry

language switching