Re: JAWS and Spanish Language

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:35:30 -0700

Hi Jerry,

She is using the standard Windows keyboard; that is, she didn't change it to
Spanish language layout.  The keyboard is not remapped for Spanish.  So, to
get the accented e, she presses control apostrophe, then presses the letter
e.  The name Jose is a good example, in which the letter e is accented.  In
some instances JAWS will say the word correctly and other time it will not.
Odd, eh?

I'm not familiar with marking text in other language formats.  Could you
explain this?  I've personally never had the need to do this, so it is
unfamiliar to me.

Our work-around for now is to write the text in WordPad, then copy it to
Word.  I would love a better way, if there is one.

Thank you for all your help, Jerry.

Francis