Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Video card

  • From: "Gary Jackson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:57:02 -0500

Hi Chip,

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you are having no problems
with jaws and the video card. Remember, I didn't say that it was me that
declared the radeon cards to be problematic, it was  freedom scientific. I
had the 7000 on my previous computer that was bought about 2 years ago and
started reporting strange behavior to FS, it was then that they told me that
they had trouble with the radeon chipsets. Needless to say that I have been
reporting problems to them with each new release of jaws since then and have
seen little or no improvement. I said that I didn't think it was a radeon
issue but that unchecking the control type resulted in negative display
behavior starting with jaws 5.00.621. it didn't have that problem in
previous jaws versions. I have reported it to FS and they have been able to
reproduce the problem on their own machine. I would encourage all to try it
and see if the problems start with menu items notbeing read and email
subject lines not being read when switching folders. Since FS can reproduce
the problem you should consider yourself lucky that you don't have it or
other focus issues. I have also tried every possible combination of screen
resolution and color depth with no better results with jaws 5, any build.

Gary