Re: JAWS and Spanish Language

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:03:02 -0400

Hello Francis and group.

Francis, while you are doubtless familiar with all of this, I'll spell out
what I do to allow for flawless switching between English and the Romance
languages in MS Word 2000, now 2003. Although I'm now using JFW, build
500844, language switching has worked very well for some time.

1. In control panel, add keyboard layouts for each of the languages desired.

2. In the options menu, edit tab in Word, set autoKeyboardSwitching to on.

3. When in Word, insert v to confirm that languages are on.

4. Before starting a document in another language, place the code in the
header of the document by going into the set language option under tools in
Word.

Good luck.

Jerry