Ideal System settings for JAWS

  • From: Justin Harford <blindstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:05:34 -0700

Hi all

I am a new guy to this list and I have a question about my version of jaws that I have just installed on a new windows box.

I Have used jaws since I was in the sixth grade, I am in college now, but I never really had anyone go over with me the ideal system settings for the program while I have constantly had trouble with it not reading stuff in win explore and word every time I would have it on a newly installed system. Anyway, could someone tell me the best system configurations for jaws to work. I am having trouble with this on my new system.

I do remember that there were a bunch of places where i had to set to standard view or win classic. Moreover, I remember one tech guy telling me that windows XP has a driver preinstalled to run across two monitors. This driver supposedly interfears with jaws and needs to be disabled. I wonder if this could be my problem. Has anyone here heard of such a driver and would they be able to tell me where it is?

By the way I am running jaws 7.0 with I believe a win XP educational edition.
For what it matters.

Justin Harford

"A man's memory is bound to be a distortion of his past in accordance with his present interests, and the most faithful autobiography is likely to mirror less what a man was than what he has become."

Fawn M. Brodie