Re: Ideal System settings for JAWS

  • From: "cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 00:12:17 -0700

A really neat quote!

Cheryl

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Justin Harford
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:05 PM
  Subject: Ideal System settings for JAWS

  Hi all

  I am a new guy to this list and I have a question about my version of jaws
that I have just installed on a new windows box.

  I Have used jaws since I was in the sixth grade, I am in college now, but I
never really had anyone go over with me the ideal system settings for the
program while I have constantly had trouble with it not reading stuff in win
explore and word every time I would have it on a newly installed system.
Anyway, could someone tell me the best system configurations for jaws to work.
I am having trouble with this on my new system.

  I do remember that there were a bunch of places where i had to set to
standard view or win classic.  Moreover, I remember one tech guy telling me
that windows XP has a driver preinstalled to run across two monitors.  This
driver supposedly interfears with jaws and needs to be disabled.  I wonder if
this could be my problem.  Has anyone here heard of such a driver and would
they be able to tell me where it is?

  By the way I am running jaws 7.0 with I believe a win XP educational edition.

  For what it matters.

  Justin Harford

  "A man's memory is bound to be a distortion of his past in accordance with
his present interests, and the most faithful autobiography is likely to mirror
less what a man was than what he has become."

  Fawn M. Brodie

PM