Re: Ideal System settings for JAWS

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:04:54 -0600

Start here
http://www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com/reference/config/
----- Original Message -----
From: Justin Harford
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:05 PM
Subject: Ideal System settings for JAWS

Hi all

I am a new guy to this list and I have a question about my version of jaws that
I have just installed on a new windows box.

I Have used jaws since I was in the sixth grade, I am in college now, but I
never really had anyone go over with me the ideal system settings for the
program while I have constantly had trouble with it not reading stuff in win
explore and word every time I would have it on a newly installed system.
Anyway, could someone tell me the best system configurations for jaws to work.
I am having trouble with this on my new system.

I do remember that there were a bunch of places where i had to set to standard
view or win classic.  Moreover, I remember one tech guy telling me that windows
XP has a driver preinstalled to run across two monitors.  This driver
supposedly interfears with jaws and needs to be disabled.  I wonder if this
could be my problem.  Has anyone here heard of such a driver and would they be
able to tell me where it is?

By the way I am running jaws 7.0 with I believe a win XP educational edition.
For what it matters.

Justin Harford

"A man's memory is bound to be a distortion of his past in accordance with his
present interests, and the most faithful autobiography is likely to mirror less
what a man was than what he has become."

Fawn M. Brodie