Re: Ideal System settings for JAWS

  • From: "cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 00:20:46 -0700

Hello Justin,

Below is recommendations for customizing your desk top.

I'll do some more research for other settings.

sincerely, Cheryl

Do The Following To Customize The Desk Top:

1.  Go to the start menu, then arrow down to control panel.

Depending

on how your computer is set up, you may have to arrow down to settings,

press enter, then press enter on control panel.

2.  Press "d" until you hear "display," then press enter.

3.  Hold down the control key and press tab one time.  You'll hear

"Desktop" or "desktop tab."  Then, release the control key and tab until

you get to the "customize Desktop Button" and press enter.

4.  You have a list view of the things you can have on the desktop such

as the My Documents, My Computer and My Network Places icons.  Select

which one(s) of these you want to keep or remove by pressing the space

bar on each of them.  Once you have made all of the changes you want

too, press tab until you get to the "ok" button and press enter.