[jawsscripts] Re: Script for audacity

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:08:03 +1000

Hi Dang.

I've never worked with this Audacity program myself, but have worked with
another Digital Audio work station called Sonar, in the past.  which I
believe does the same kind of job but isn't free?  audio programs like this
are often, in my view, not that simple to work with at all, unless supported
by pretty heavy scripting from pretty fancy scripters!  However, very very
basically, what I'd be wanting to have you ask the audacity developers, is,
is there a way to play the highlighted area, in tracks and time, using the
keyboard? and, is there a way of marking the beginning and end point, and
desired tracks, of your audio selection, so that you don't have to be
worrying about the visual element of things at all?  Optimally, you
reeeeally don't wanna have to be messing with all that visual methodology of
selecting, determining selections, and nudging/altering them.
In my view, a friendly audio editor, idealy oughta have audio/keyboard  ways
of determining things like this.  This doesn't of course mean that audacity
will. ...
I realize the manual will probably talk almost exclusively in it's tutorial,
How-To, instructions,
in terms of highlighting wave form sections with the mouse, and on and on.
is that right?
very mouseCentric?
But, so my advice would be to really dig into the keyboard shortcuts, and
commands available for driving the program, and glean as many of those as
you possibly can.

In my view, your reeeally going to be doing it incredibly tough trying to
work with audio, by determining selection highlight colors at particular
points with jaws etc.
it's a nightmare ask of yourself really.
I reckon anywayz.

Hth.

Geoff c.